It’s that time of the year again. And no, it’s not getting any easier. It honestly is a limit to how many Christmas jumpers one can have in the closet. I know, I know… To find a Christmas present to the guy who has everything can seem not only daunting but lil an impossible task. Well until you’ve seen the GoScandinavian helpful Gift guide that is.
understated effortlessly chic double layered turtle neck in luxurious 100% wool by Norwegian designer With&Wessel
this soft cushion, Picasso inspired, in beautiful alpaca wool in gorgeous colours by LuckyBoySunday
a pair of leather ankle boots with a clean leather finish, curved heel and almond toe, the Pistol boots by Acne
a pair of comfy track bottoms in merino wool that are stylish enough to wear outside the house, by Dagmar
a Moroccan tray for our living room, antique or new, like this from Tine K. Home
and three magical nuts, please…
Please join us at the Scandinavian Christmas Market, popping up at Lisa’s Portobello on Thursday 28th of November -yes! This week. All day from 10am to 8pm. The restaurant will be open until 00.30am. Free gingerbread men, gløgg and goodie bags for early birds. But swing by anytime during the day for some Scandinavian festivities!
A Taste of Sweden Served as Tapas at Lisa’s, menu includes
– Plate of North Atlantic Prawns With Shells On With a rosemary aioli
– Steamed Cod with Beetroot Served with fresh horseradish, dill & browned butter
-Jerusalem Artichoke Soup with a Drizzle of Truffle Oil (V)
– Topped with Swedish Västerbotten mature cheese. Optional addition: slices of pork belly
– Skagenröra Swedish seafood mix; prawns served with mayonnaise, dill, lemon and red onion on traditional spiced rye bread
– Braised Scallops on a Bed of Pumpkin Purée Served with a salad of apple and fennel with a splash lemon oil
– Beetroot Carpaccio with Vanilla-tossed Lingonberries (V) Topped with walnuts, cheese and fresh salad leaves
– Elderflower and Fennel Cured Salmon Served with a shellfish ceviche and citrus crème fraiche
– Silltallrik Small Salmon tart and Chef’s choice of two of Lisa’s pickled herrings with the traditional trimmings
– Pappardelle Pasta in a Creamy White Wine and Mushroom Sauce (V) With truffle oil and chanterelle mushrooms
Full menu -and cocktail list at lisasportobello.com See you there?