Open sandwiches, meatballs and gravad lax, coffee, lots of coffee and bread. Join us when we visit London’s Best Scandinavian Restaurants, Cafes and Bakeries!
Celebrate Swedish Midsummer at Lisa’s in Notting Hill. Dress code is strictly white. Flowers will be provided for your DIY Flower Crown. Sing a long, drink snaps and be merry on the longest day of the year – and dance the night away with live music.
A crayfish party is a traditional summertime eating and drinking celebration in the Nordic countries, especially in Sweden. Come mid August and the delicacy crayfish comes back in season, it’s all the reasons you’ll need to have a party! Ocado together with LondonSwedes used the opportunity to share a bit of Swedish tradition in the heart of London last night, and we were invited to come along.
Please join us at the Scandinavian Christmas Market, popping up at Lisa’s Portobello on Thursday 28th of November -yes! This week. All day from 10am to 8pm. The restaurant will be open until 00.30am. Free gingerbread men, gløgg and goodie bags for early birds. But swing by anytime during the day for some Scandinavian festivities!
A Taste of Sweden Served as Tapas at Lisa’s, menu includes
– Plate of North Atlantic Prawns With Shells On With a rosemary aioli
– Steamed Cod with Beetroot Served with fresh horseradish, dill & browned butter
-Jerusalem Artichoke Soup with a Drizzle of Truffle Oil (V)
– Topped with Swedish Västerbotten mature cheese. Optional addition: slices of pork belly
– Skagenröra Swedish seafood mix; prawns served with mayonnaise, dill, lemon and red onion on traditional spiced rye bread
– Braised Scallops on a Bed of Pumpkin Purée Served with a salad of apple and fennel with a splash lemon oil
– Beetroot Carpaccio with Vanilla-tossed Lingonberries (V) Topped with walnuts, cheese and fresh salad leaves
– Elderflower and Fennel Cured Salmon Served with a shellfish ceviche and citrus crème fraiche
– Silltallrik Small Salmon tart and Chef’s choice of two of Lisa’s pickled herrings with the traditional trimmings
– Pappardelle Pasta in a Creamy White Wine and Mushroom Sauce (V) With truffle oil and chanterelle mushrooms
Full menu -and cocktail list at lisasportobello.com See you there?